Grand Island Tour
This tour is perfect for history buffs!
Explore the stunning beauty of this A Class natural reserve in air conditioned comfort, taking in the amazing fauna and flora of the island, stunning beaches, woodlands and incredible salt lakes - all ending in a unique historic train ride. All major habitats are covered on this amazing tour, including Rottnest's cultural and historical heritage ranging from Maritime and Military history right up to future developments.
- See the main settlement
- Kingstown Barracks and island military history
- Henrietta Rocks ship wreck location and in depth maritime history
- Parker Point with its Quokkas (The happiest animal on Earth)
- The Loop with stunning bays and beaches
- Wadjemup Lighthouse and Noongar (Aboriginal) history
- Cape Vlamingh West End point board walk and fauna, flora and sea life
- Salt Lakes
- Oliver Hill Tunnel Tour
- Captain Hussy historic Train Ride
- Light sandwich lunch at Cape Vlamingh
Tour Departs:11:00am Daily
Departure Location:Main Bus Terminal at the Settlement (behind Dome Cafe)
NOTE: Rottnest Island ferry transfers are not included with this tour. Tour finishes at Settlement Railway Station at Thompson Bay at 2.30pm. Please bring comfortable walking shoes, hat and your camera. It is also recommended that you bring sunscreen and your swimming wear and towel in the event of a quick swim in the post tour free time.